From Harry Potter to The Catcher in The Rye - I will read absolutely anything. This blog will detail my impressions on new releases, old classics, and everything in between! As Dr. Seuss said in 'I Can Read With My Eyes Shut! 'The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.'


Ken Follett Strikes Again!

I actually read Pillars of the Earth awhile ago, followed by A World Without EndI was reminded of these books for two reasons: 


First, a 'Pillars' TV mini-series was released recently, and contrary to the standard rule of thumb that movies/TV can't stand up to the book, people are RAVING about it. Unfortunately, I don't have access to The MovieChannel, so I'm one of those sad saps waiting for the DVD release. 
The second (and more exciting) reason for talking about these books is the release of Follett's Third historical epic, Fall of Giants, on September 28th. The new book is the first in The Century Trilogy and revolves around the lives of five separate families during the First World War, the Russian Revolution, and women's suffrage. So far the feedback is good...really good (unless you're talking about the Kindle version, in which case, people are losing their minds about the cost). 

I adored Follett's first two historical novels and I highly recommend them - anyone can read and enjoy the stories. I can't wait to get my hands on his latest!


Rating (Pillars of the Earth & World Without End):